...something unknown is doing I don't know what, and that is what our knowledge amounts to.

Blog Archive

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Do I call it 'Oceans', after the song?


It was just like that, but it was night. And there was rain. And it was not April 7. We went to Deerhunter and I was so exhaust. The concert was draining, but in a nice kind of way, where my mind was 100% consumed by what was happening in front of me. I had no energy to think about anything or anyone, and it was wonderful. I'm not sure that any one person in the audience even spoke. Every eye was on the stage and every ear was pressed against a speaker (or a shoulder, towards the end, when we were all too weak to stand).
We weren't on drugs, but we needed to come down. We drove through small streets in first gear and listened to Pink Floyd, until we reached the ocean. We leapt out of the car, giggling, and raced each other to the water. Slowing intermittently for cartwheels. Once we'd calmed down, we sat. It started pouring. We're not sure why. One went swimming and two spread themselves across the sand and let water fall on their eye lids. "Once you start to enjoy it, you wont feel cold". We weren't cold anymore. We were still giggling though.

No comments: