...something unknown is doing I don't know what, and that is what our knowledge amounts to.

Blog Archive

Thursday 2 April 2009

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BE KILLED

I don't understand, with all of the issues with the climate and the earth and the wars, why hasn't it sparked something. Anything. I feel like it's 1984, and even mum knows about Minor Threat, and there's no drinking or smoking or fucking and we're just waiting in silence waiting for some kid from Seattle, who looks like us and dresses like us and feels like us and sings to us. Where is our Nirvana? Where is our, so properly titled, Smells Like Teen Spirit? Something needs to happen. We can go further back and ask for our hippies who we'll get tired of and then someone will stand up and say "HEY FUCK ALL THIS" and then there, we'll have the voice of our generation. Why isn't anyone speaking? I feel like the internet is stopping everyone because it's encouraging everyone at the same time. Now everyone has a way to vent where they feel like they're reaching the masses even if the only people who read what they write are their wives who've escaped to London for bigger and better. But at the same time the internet is LIKE, SO D.I.Y !!!1!

YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE FULL STORY!

The more severe this shit gets and the more suppressed we become, the more powerful the imagination should become. But we're all repeating. The Velvets, for me, were the start of it all. Now I see a million and one people trying to do the same thing. Yeah, sure, I'm not even attempting to do anything but vent on a fucking blogger account, but I think that avoiding contributing to this copy-cat shit is far better than being in the centre of it.

Music no longer has it's place commenting and questioning and changing what's currently going on in the world. It's people doing visual art and it's people writing and it's people making film. We started off on the right track, close to something, with Michael Moore. But nothing fucking happened. An election wont change everything either. Giving someone else power wont change anything. Although I'm not 16 anymore so I do have an open mind and I'm ready to give someone a chance, but this isn't what I'm trying to say. Fuck dictitorial control over society and governments. What I'm asking for, and begging for is something to cling to. Something I can cling to without some old faggot telling me punk is dead. Where's the political awakening? Why is the state of the environment and the economy not galvanizing people. Why haven't people mobilized into doing something?

CHANGE THE WAY PEOPLE THINK ALL OVER AGAIN.

1 comment:

LADY said...

No no no no THIS is AMAZING.